Melbourne Federation Square
|Federation Square is the central square in Melbourne. It was opened in 2002 with purpose to became the center of Melbourne.|
Federation Square consists of piazza and a complex of distinctive modern buildings, featuring some very controversial architecture. Love it or hate it – it is here, in the heart of Melbourne.
|The biggest attraction of Federation Square are events, festivals and concerts which regularly happening here. Permanent features are: |
Apart from this, there are some offices, caffes and restaurants.
- ACMI - Australian Centre for the Moving Image, something more than just a cinema
- The Ian Potter Centre: NGV Australia - Collection of Australian art
- BMW Edge – indoor amphitheatre
- The Atrium – venue for exhibitions and events
- Melbourne visitor centre
- Australian Horse Racing Museum
|Several buildings are covered with reflective "UFO looking" metal sheets.|
|Other buildings has glass walls|
Sliding glass door
SBS office on Federation Square